Monday, December 13, 2010

Blissful Butterflies

Hi there!  I'm back today with a non-Christmas card.  I think I've got all the cards I'll need, although, I love making them so much, I'll probably get a few more in...just in case. 

Today, I wanted to work with some papers and toys I picked up recently, and I love the result.  I love working within one line of paper and embellishments!  It really makes things come together quickly since everything coordinates perfectly!  This time I chose Making Memories Reverie Noir collection.  I think it's a wedding line, but the colours and design appealed to me enough to make me want to play!


Paper:  Grey & Black cardstock, Paper Reverie DP (Making Memories)

The card is pretty simple, in fact I worked with Clean & Simple sketch #120, and it came together really quick!  The patterned paper is Making Memories Reverie Noir and features both sides of the same sheet.  I  wrapped some Kaiser Lace trim around the seam.  I cut apart a Kaiser black pearl flourish for the butterfly trail, and the butterflies themselves are Making Memories Noir Black, layered 3 high. I love these  butterflies!  There are 60 butterflies in the package; 4 each of 15 designs (front and back), and in 3 different sizes (20 of each size)! 

Finally I tied it off with some black and white polkadot ribbon, and I tried to tone down the white dots by running my W3 Copic marker over them, and it turned out pretty good.

Clean and simple, quick and easy!

Have a fabulous day, and thanks for letting me share my creation with you!

4 comments:

NickelNook said...

Oh so beautiful, Laura! A very elegant card indeed! I love it! Thanks very much for the inspiration!...Nancy :o)

Shirley Fread said...

Normally I don't like these colours for a card, but yours is so elegant and beautiful! Thanks for showing me that these colours can work!!!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

Oh wow! This card is beautiful, I love black and white cards!! I bought those butterflies and completely forgot about them! Must go and find them!

Stampin Kimber said...

Beautiful card Laura!!! Love those butterflies!!!