So I have actually had quite a few people ask me how to use a Stamp-a-ma-Jig, so I thought that it would be a great tutorial to do. So first a little peek at the card and then the tutorial.......to see the full card scroll down and it will be at the end of the tutorial along with the products I used and a brief tutorial on how I made my card............
How to Use a Stamp-a-ma-Jig
1) Place plastic piece (rough side up) into corner of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig. Next take your stamp and ink it up with Momento Black and stamp on the plastic, making sure that you block is in the corner of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig (see photo).
2) Remove your stamp and your image is now stamped on the plastic. Don't touch the image as it is not permanent and can be wiped off easily.
3) Lift up the stamped plastic and place your die-cut/cardstock on your work surface. (you can use repositionable adhesive to tack it down if you prefer) Place the stamped plastic over it and position it where you would like the stamped image to be. Now, place the Stamp-a-ma-Jig at the corner of the stamped plastic, making sure that the stamped plastic is tight to both sides of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig. (see photo)
4) Now remove the plastic, you don't want to move the Stamp-a-ma-Jig and stamp your image, making sure your block is touching both sides of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig and is in the corner. (see photo) You now have a perfectly stamped image where you want.
Tip: I use black ink so it's easier to see for placement and the Momento ink is easily washed off the plastic. You can use the colour you want to stamp in to get a better idea of how it's going to look.
Well that's it for my tutorial, I hope my instructions are easy to follow, if you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section and I will answer them as soon as I can. Now my card........
Cardstock- Kraft & Brown
Tim Holtz Love Struck Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Distress Powder Worn Lipstick
So first off I die cut the ticket and then using the Stamp-a-ma-Jig I stamped the Happy Valentines ticket with Fired Brick twice and then did the same with the Love ticket with the Worn Lipstick. Now, die cut the baroque pieces. On the kraft baroque die cut I used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig again with the fired brick ink and then embossed it using the worn lipstick distress powder. I love the distress powders they leave a rough embossing, so with these powders, they have release crystals, which you have to rub off after you've heated the powder. Another good thing is you can't overheat these embossing powders! You can create some awesome looks with these powders and some ink!
Oops....I got a little sidetracked.....lol....so anyways, now I used my blending tool and the vintage photo ink over the whole piece. I used the distress tool around the 2 pieces of Bo Bunny paper and then I used the vintage photo ink and my blending tool to ink all the edges. The rest is just putting it together and adding the lock and key. Well I guess that's it for this time, I hope you all have a great week!!!