Sunday, January 30, 2011

Valentine Hugs

I always get a kick out of all the Valentine "stuff" that is on display in stores only days after Christmas, although, really I should just take their queue and get on it.  I like making Valentine cards...because they are so themed and the "season" is so short for whatever reason that always appeals to me.  I send Valentines mostly to my friends...so I try not to make them too mushy.  DH always gets one of course, but pink and flowery isn't his style...it's mine!






Stamps: Hugs (Penny Black)
Paper:  pink, white,
With All My Heart DP (SEI)


With the exception of choosing ribbon, this card took all of 20 minutes.  Once I added the ribbon search and indecision in...well I'm way past an hour!  I finally decided on the rose ribbon, but it could change even as we speak! 

I started by placing the three smallest Spellbinder hearts dies on the white card stock and I cut them out.  Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and adhered a piece of acetate to the back.  The designer paper is SEI's "With All My Heart"...I'm such a sucker for pink, flowers, embossing and glitter, and this paper has it all!  I layered the white section on top and adhered it with pop dots to add a little interest.  I stamped the sentiment on the small white heart, and popped it up on the largest heart and "floated" a few Hero Art's pearls around.  I love it!

Time is slipping away, so if you are planning to Play in Paradise with us, get your project up loaded by January 31st!  We'll be introducing our new Challenge Design Team on Friday, and our Playing in Paradise challenge will be a weekly challenge!  I hope you'll play along! 

One last note, FREE SHIPPING runs til the end of the month and you still have time to pick up the Stampendous Embossing kits at our Featured Product price.  That's it for me!  Have a wonderful weekend, and I'll see you soon!

6 comments:

NickelNook said...

Such a pretty card, Laura! I think that pink ribbon is gorgeous! Maybe I should start thinking about makine some Valentine cards too!...Nancy :o)

Shirley Fread said...

Love this card, Laura! The pink roses look great!

April C said...

This card is beautiful! I really like the rose ribbon. Very pretty!

moralia said...

This is sooo gorgeous, Laura!! I'm a "pink" type of girl too! Love it!

Stampin Kimber said...

Another gorgeous card!!! Love the heart cut outs and the pink roses!!!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

so pretty, I love valentines day!