Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Little bit of Sunshine!

I'm back again with a little bit of sunshine for you!  It's snowy and cold here, and I thought you might need a fix of sunshine, and I couldn't resist playing with my newest stamp set by Inkadinkado called Flower Flourishes, so here it is!

Paper:  White, orange, green cardstock

I love clean and simple and I love white cards.  And this new Flower Flourishes stamp had been crying for some ink, since I got it home.  So I stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black on white cardstock and heat set it.  Now, you might be saying, "but Laura....aren't you supposed to use Memento ink when colouring with Copic markers?"  Au contraire mon ami!!  I have had great success with Copics by heat setting my Versafine Onyx Black.  I am usually lazy and pull out my Memento, but Inkadinkado stamps work much better with the thicker pigment inks than they do with dye based inks, so my heat tool became my best friend! 



I proceeded to colour my flowers with Copic markers and then I added some Crystal stickles to the flower centres and some Buttercup Liquid Pearls to the dots on the fronds. I pulled my sentiment from MFT's "Textile Rectangles" and stamped it above the image.  I really wanted to leave it there...clean and simple and white.  That was my plan, but I couldn't make it look right in my head without a little more colour, so I ended up adding some strips of cardstock and of course some Spinach grosgrain ribbon by American Crafts.  I love it!

If you haven't tried the new colours of Liquid Pearls by Ranger, now is a fabulous time to do just that!  Ranger is our Featured Product, and until Feb 28th you can get all Ranger products for 15% off by quoting RANGER15 in the comments section of your order!  Oh, and orders over $50.00 ship free!!

Have a happy sunshiney day!! 

7 comments:

Allison said...

Oh my! So very pretty and springy. And I am so done with winter!

NickelNook said...

I love the pretty & bright colors! The Liquid Pearls are sure a beautiful addition to the colored image! Thanks Laura!...Nancy :o)

Sara said...

what a beautiful card!!! I absolutely love the colour choices!

Shirley Fread said...

It is a very dull and dreary day, here. Thanks for sending some sunshine with your beautiful card.

Stampin Kimber said...

Beautiful card Laura!!! Love how you added the copics and liquid pearls to the stamp!!!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

beautiful! versafine is my ink of choice too...gotta love the heat tool!

moralia said...

This is gorgeous, Laura!! LOVE the colour combo! Just pops!!