Friday, May 6, 2011

Scrapbooker's Paradise Challenge #14


Howdy all... Ally here! Welcome to another awesome Playing in Paradise challenge at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

It's always sad to see a friend and designer move on, and so it is with Karan Gerber. Karan came on board with our original challenge team and her fabulous creations wowed us week after week. Alas Karan's talents have opened more doors in teaching her craft and so we say a melancholy farewell heaped with congrats and well wishes as she pursues her goals. You can continue to see Karan's creative talents on her blog.

The upside is bringing on more great talent, and we shout out a warm welcome to Nancy Elrick who is stepping up to the Challenge Team.

Hi Paper Crafters! My name is Nancy and I have been making cards since I was pregnant with my second son... who just turned 14! My Mom got me hooked on stamping when she showed me heat embossing. I have taught stamping classes in the past and am active in a few different online communities for stampers and paper crafters, as well as an active blogger. I have been married to my best friend since 1991 and together we have two sons. Alex was born in 1995 and Matthew in 1997. We also have a sweet little suck of a dog named Milo and a very chatty cat named Miikka. I currently work part time from home doing a lot of the computer work for a small scrapbooking business based here in Alberta. In addition to being creative, I love to read, watch TV, spend time with family and friends, and play around on my computer. My card style leans more towards clean and simple and I will admit to having a serious addiction to Spellbinders dies and buttons! I am really looking forward to my time with the Scrapbookers Paradise challenge team!

Welcome to the Team Nancy!

The winner of this week's challenge will win a prize package from the Pebbles line "Happy Go Lucky" containing fabric brads, jewel flower brads, red candy dots, green candy dots and paper flowers. This prize is valued at approximately $21.00!!!

Now let's find out what our challenge is this week.... it's a COLOUR CHALLENGE! Using the image below as inspiration, create a card, layout or altered item using the colour palette below...


Let's find out what the Challenge Team did with the colour challenge this week...








The winner from challenge PPSC12, Hannelie Bester, joins us this week for our colour challenge:


Thank you for joining us Hannelie! Your card is stunning!

*****
Our winner from Dana's scoring challenge last week is Mildred Mildew! Please email Laura at scrapnextras@yahoo.com to claim your prize and for next week's challenge info!

*****

The deadline to participate in this week's challenge is Thursday, May 12th at noon MST. Please add the direct link to your creation's blog post on the linky tool provided below. We'd also really appreciate a link from your blog to this challenge. If you are using a public gallery, please be sure to use the code PPS14.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful cards, ladies!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Congrats Nancy! Great color challenge, love those layouts!

Stampin Kimber said...

Welcome Nancy!!! Love what you all did with the challenge!!!