Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome to Masculine May



Welcome to our first Showcase Monday of May! What is Showcase Monday? Every Monday, each month, the Design Team will take turns sharing their creativity on a common idea. April was Weddings, and this month we are going to the more manly side of things to focus on all things masculine!

I'm the lucky Design Team Member who gets to go first!




I made a fairly simple 8.5 x 11 inch scrapbook page this week. I didn't want to over embellish it or do too much with it because I wanted the main focus to stay on the photo. This has to be my most favorite photo of my husband.


My husband is a funny guy; he complains about me in craft stores and scrapbooking stores... but you should see him when we goes into the tackle section of wal-mart or how long he spends in hunting/fishing stores. Everyone needs a hobby - too bad I absolutely hate the taste of fish.

Anyhow, when I saw this new line of awesome papers brought to us by GCD Studios and designed by Heather Tozzi, I knew I had to get some!

I was lured in by my favorite paper of the line, "Lured In". I didn't end up using the back-side of the paper, but I absolutely love it. It is a plaid pattern in bright, horrendous yellow and woodsman green. It goes with the other papers marvelously and reminds me of all the fishermen and hunters in my life. I already have plans to make my Grandpa a Father's Day card with the leftovers.



Products Used
GCD Studios 12x12 Paper, "The Great Outdoors" - Lured In
GCD Studios 12x12 Paper, "The Great Outdoors" - Ponderosa
Cosmo Cricket Alpha Sticker, "Tiny Type" - Cream
Older Cosmo Cricket Chipboard letters
Older BoBunny Chipboard Shapes
Red Handmade Specialty Paper




Thanks for stopping by!