Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday Embossed Frames



Happy Tuesday!  It's time for another quick tutorial, and as usual, I'm playing with my Spellbinders and Cuttlebug!  I am going to show you how to emboss a frame in your card...without cutting  it.  It's pretty simple, and it WOWed me the first time I saw it, and I'm hoping there's one or two of you who might be WOWed by it today!

Here's what you need to emboss your frame.

Cuttlebug
A Plate
2 B Plates
3 sheets of cardstock  (I always add 3 pieces of cardstock when embossing!)
Spellbinder dies
Embossing mat 














Building from the bottom up:
A Plate
B Plate
3 pieces of cardstock
embossing mat
card front
Spellbinder dies
B Plate

Now crank it through the Cuttlebug!  It should look something like this:


But you know I couldn't stop there!  Here is my finished card.

Supplies used:
White and Pink Cardstock
Blush Lace trim (American Crafts)
Floret Rose (Prima)
Charmed Twine (My Minds Eye)
Embossing Pad (Spellbinders)

So simple and so dramatic!  You'll find an amazing selection of Spellbinder dies at Scrapbooker's Paradise along with every thing else you'll need to emboss your frames.  Don't forget to take advantage of our Summer Sale, and save 20% on regular priced Summer Themed items!  Quote SUMMERSALE20 in the comments section of your order!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

NickelNook said...

Well that definitely WOWed me! Your card is GORGEOUS Laura! Thank you so much for sharing that technique!...Nancy :o)

Mildred Mildew said...

Wow!!!

Dana said...

So pretty, Laura!!

Shirley Fread said...

Absolutely awesome, Laura! I'm definitely going to try this!

Stampin Kimber said...

Love your tutorial!!! What a great way to use your Spellbinders!!!

Ruby said...

Beautiful card.

Becky said...

This is gorgeous..thanks.

Linda Carson said...

Oooooo, love it! Quite elegant!

Wanda Cullen said...

I have yet to try this technique, but it's just such an elegant and beautiful effect! I wish I knew the "sandwich" to use for a BigShot.

Cheryl (aka CherylQuilts) said...

I have got to try this technique...what a wonderful and quick way to make a card! And it's a real beauty, Laura! Thanks!

Bev J. said...

Beautiful card-thanks for sharing the embossing technique.

Conniecrafter said...

very soft and pretty, love the stamping over the image and pretty framing, thanks for the instructions on how to layer the plates!

Heidi Brawley said...

wow this is gorgeous! I soo want to rush home and try this now!!! Love your card it is Beautiful!
Hugs!

Ida said...

How pretty. This is just so dainty and elegant. Love it.

Allison said...

Amazing...sometimes I forget some of these simple and stunning techniques. I linked this one here: http://sharethemojo.blogspot.com/

Elaine said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing this technique!