Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hannah's Top 5 Fav's!


Hello everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I have my top 5 favourite supplies to share with you today, it was hard coming up with just 5 but here they are!
This scoring board is AMAZING! This is the perfect tool to get perfectly scored and folded cards. It has a score line every 1/8th inch so you can score at whatever measurement you wish too. The Martha Stewart board also comes with an envelope template so you can make your own envelopes. It comes with a scoring tool but I prefer to use a metal embossing stylus like this ONE. There is a little compartment at the top to hold your tool so you never lose it and it also has a cheat sheets with all the measurement to make popular size cards, boxes and envelopes!
This is a box I made with the scoring board and click HERE to be taken to that blog post with video instructions!

and an envelope also using this tool....click HERE to be taken to that blog post with video instructions!


I love this trimmer so much! I have had it for years and the best part is I have never had to buy a replacement blade - this trimmer has a self sharpening blade. It may seem like an upfront cost compared with other trimmers but you never have to buy another blade again. It cuts super crisp....no soft frayed edges. It is magnetic and comes with a magnetic ruler, has measurements on the top and bottom as well as in the centre. And it is a 12x12 trimmer but you can fold in half and use it that way also!

If you like to round the corners on your projects then this is a MUST have tool! Not only is it super simple to use but it stores the cut pieces (no mess!) comes in 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch and has the power of the crop-a-dile - easily cuts through paper, cardstock, chipboard, leather, plastic, acrylic, and more!
I tend to use mine only on cardstock but I often layer my cards with several layers and its almost impossible to round a corner with a regular punch when you have lots of layers, it hurts your fingers, leaves impression marks...and I have actually broken a regular punch in the past trying to cut through three layers! I no longer have these problems...and can cut through as many layers as I need with my chomper!

A crafting day never goes by without me using my CuttLebug! It sits by my feet for easy access! Not only can you emboss in this but you can cut every die out there from Cuttlebug dies, Spellbinders, Sizzix sizlets and even the big Sizzix dies like the Tim Holtz ones! It folds up easily and is easy transport.
Here is a link to an old blog post with a video showing you how to make shaped cards with Spellbinder Nestabilities.

I don't think I make a card often, that doesn't have a die cut from Spellbinders on it! I love the Label ones, they come in lots of different sizes and shapes and are designed so you can layer them.
Here are a few old cards where I have used them:




And here is a card I made using my top 5 supplies!


SUPPLIES
Kaiser Craft -Chapter One Collection and Silver Jewels
American Crafts - Ribbon
Copic - 100 and YG13 Sketch Marker
Petaloo - Flowers
Clearsnap - Black Ink Pad
We R Memory Keepers - Corner Chomper
Provo Craft - Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Spellbinders - Nestabilities Labels Sixteen

Enjoy your day!

Free Shipping applies to Canadian orders over $50.00!
Shipping Order total calculated before GST. Offer valid only within the ten Canadian provinces. Orders destined for Labrador, Nunavut, Yukon, NWT, United States and abroad will be charged the actual shipping amount

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

Really great list Hannah! I love them all! Thanks for sharing! :o)