Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Kim's Top 5 Favs


                          

Hi all, well it's that time for me to let you all know my Top 5 Favourite Picks...........it's soo hard to choose just five :) so here goes............
Sizzix - Big Shot Machine #1- This just has to be my Big Shot, I don't know what I would do without it....I use this all the time, whether I'm using it for Die Cutting or just to do Embossing. This is one of the best tools that I have ever purchased! I love the fact that they have come out with the extended plates for this as well,  it just means I can do more at once ;)

Sizzix Die - Texture Fades™ Embossing Folders 2PK Clock & Steampunk Set by Tim Holtz®#2- Now what good would my Big Shot be without some Embossing Folders??? I must say that these can be addicting.....I love what you can do with these.....you really have to try them with the Coredinations Cardstock, with the core of the cardstock having a different colour, it really makes your embossing pop with a little bit of sanding and the Coredinations cardstock now comes in all of your favourite Distress Ink Colours!!!




Sizzix Die - Bigz™ Die Weathered Clock by Tim Holtz® #3- My next favourite is the Tim Holtz Dies.....I love them!!! Well then again, I pretty much love anything Tim Holtz!!! One thing that I love with these or any of the Bigz dies, is that you can cut more than one die cut at a time. So depending on the thickness of your cardstock, you can cut up to 6 at a time, which can make things go a lot quicker! Also, they are great for cutting thicker materials. But I do have to mention that I also love my Spellbinders Dies as well, with these you can stencil and emboss them and a lot of them are great for layering. The only thing with them is they will not do thicker material.
       

Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China#4- Distress Inks, these have to be my most used ink pads. I love to use my blending tool with them and see the colours blend together, making a new colour where they overlap. They also react with water to create some amazing effects and you can also use embossing powders with them....which you can't do with most of the dye based ink pads. For an ink pad these are amazing to play with!!!

Ranger Stamping Supplies - Heat It Tool#5- And last but not least.....My Ranger Heat It Tool, I couldn't live without this, I use it for everything, to emboss my embossing powders, dry my distress stickles (just remember you can can only dry the distress stickles, not the regular stickles), to shrink my shrink it and for pretty much anything else that needs drying! I prefer this heat tool over many of the other ones, simply because it doesn't blow my powders all over and it works so much better for embossing on vellum. It's also so much easier to hold.

Well that's it for my top 5........I hope you all learned a little bit about some of these products...........so until next time...............have a great week!!!
 

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

Great list Kim! Thanks for sharing! :o)