Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Technique Tuesday!


Happy Tuesday!!  Today I have a page layout to share using the Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue Collection!!  When it comes to scrapbooking I  have never been good at going about it in a chronological way!!  I had been hanging on to this photograph since 2008 because the right paper never presented its self to me until now lol!!





The technique I would like to share is on the last picture.  It is the cracked glass technique!  I used UTEE to achieve the look above!!  The first thing I did was cut out the section of pattern paper that I wanted to use.  I then covered in versamark and heat embossed it using the UTEE.  I started on one side by heating underneath the paper first then moved to the top.  What I achieved by doing this was one section hat was smooth (heating underneath) and a section that looks bumpy (heating on top blows some of the UTEE off).  I then placed this piece of paper into my freezer for a couple of minutes.  As soon as I took it out I was able to bend it and marvelous little cracks appeared!! To highlight the cracks I then used the "Venetian Lace" graphic 45 ink!!

This technique works great to make a plain piece of pattern paper become something much more!!  Thank you for stopping by and Have a great day!!

SUPPLIES




3 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Wonderful Uttee tip Selena!!
Gorgeous photo and LO, I love those crystals they look like real polished gemstones

Dean and Selena said...

Oooooo I LOVE it!! What an awesome layout!! We do love out G45 paper don't we? Glad you were able to upload your photos! Would have hated to miss this one!

Hannah said...

great page..love the picture!