Friday, February 10, 2012

Playing in Paradise #53: Musically Inspired


Happy Valentine's Day weekend! Are you like me and wondering how Valentine's Day got to be so big? On the other hand, there is so much inspiration in this holiday of love for the paper crafter!
I lived my teen years in the 90's and the mix tape figured prominently as a "life essential". Even today I get a little sentimental every time a song comes on the radio that was a part of the mix tape my future husband gave me years ago. You know I wore that tape right out! So I thought it would be fun to do a challenge inspired by music.
For my layout I chose the lyrics from the theme song to one my children's favourite movies, Toy Story, to scrap these photos of my girls and their cousin. I used papers and embellishments from October Afternoon's Farmhouse line to coordinate with the colours in the photos - yellow and blue are so hot right now! More close ups on my blog, but don't run off until you've checked out the rest of the projects and heard about what you could win by participating this week!
Guest DT Judy Forsyth
Our prize this week is an assortment of fabulous items from Pebbles Baby Boy New Arrival line.

How to play:
  1. Everyone is invited to play! There are no requirements or restrictions on what products you can use to create your challenge entry! 
  2. You have until noon on Thursday, February 16 to link your entries for this challenge. The linking tool is below. 
  3. Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, please use the keyword PPC53 so we can find you! Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

And our winner from last week's PPC52, Allison's sketch challenge, is Lynn Shokoples, who not only rocked Allison's sketch, but apparently has visions of the future for including a song title in her challenge layout! Congratulations Lynn! Email Pam at faeiryrocks@telus.net to claim your prize and join us next week as our guest designer!

3 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Beautiful works Designers so nice to see the Layouts too!!

Lynn said...

I was so excited to see I won the challenge!!! Thank you so very much! This just made my day. I'm thrilled to be a guest designer next week too. I love this new challenge. You ladies are always so inspiring.

Charlotte Brochu said...

Guess I used the wrong option to link my layout! LOL! Hope that doesn't make a difference!