Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I can has Sunbeam?


Happy Wednesday everyone! Please forgive me for what I'm about to say, in the page I designed for today I realized after the fact that the paper line I used just went to sale.... :-(  But..... there are 2 new fascinating products that I wanted to show you, so I posted the page anyway. This was a very busy weekend with Camp Croppin, AND Calgary Expo ( our version of Comicon ) so I will show you the page, and I will also be posting some pics from Camp Croppin put on by Scrapbooker's  Paradise, and it was a phenomenal event!!!
 This is my wonderful cat Lucky laying in a sunbeam.... oh to have a cat's life!!
This is Lyndy's embossing powder. We went to a class the other night to learn about Lyndy's product and WOW! First thing that amazed me was when the embossing powder was poured onto a piece of cardstock, in  a little pile, and then heated from UNDERNEATH, that's not a typo! And notice I didn't say to use any versa mark for this way to do this embellishment. Now that the powder is hot and melted, stamp into right away with a RUBBER stamp, and you have a very kewl effect. What is hard to see in this photo, is how shimmery this powder is! Beautiful colors!! I love it!
Next is the new Tim Holtz die that I have been waiting for, ( ok I wait for all of them ) but this one is my favorite!!
 It has the whole alphabet, and numbers and an & symbol!! So imagine, being able to cut letters to match any layout, ( yes a cricut will do this ) but.... because it is the bigz die, you could put up to 3 - 5 pieces of cardstock or patterend paper, or a piece of chip board, or magnet or plastic.... or, or, or, anyway, back to the cardstock, if I ran a few pieces thru' I bet I could spell anything I wanted to, without running out of letters! And in perfect Tim form, the letters are an awesome fun font!! Plus I could start my own little alphabet drawer for extras!
and there is my cute cat, "I can has sunbeam?" The corners were rounded with my fave corner chomper. It has two different cuts it can cut, and it's heavy duty so chipboard is a breeze! This is the deco side, the other side looks the a ticket corner.
Have a happy scrappy day! Hop over to Scrapbookers Paradise to get the complete product list.
Hop over to my Blog to see what else I've been up to.

Product List

Bo Bunny Double Dot - chiffon vintage
Darice - Hemp
Fabri-tac
Pop Dots
We R Memory Keepers - Corner Chomper, Deco
Echo Park sticker page - This and That
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Embossing Powder, Terra Cotta
American Crafts cardstock pack - Autumn
Sizzix - Word Play alphabet

Most product can be found in store.

2 comments:

fairyrocks said...

A-B-C-D and only 2 n's...., with my two youngest having 6 'N's in their first names alone, I can see the value in this alphabet die !!
Great detailed Layout !!

Marlene said...

Just beautiful work, love your sunbeam, lol
xxx
Marlene