Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lucky 8 punch

Happy Tuesday Everyone :-)




I saw this new punch the other day, and was intrigued by it. It is HUGE! but oh so kewl! with 8 quick punches you can cut out your own 12x12 edge cut page. There are quite a few different patterns, and 3 ways to cut. This may be hard to explain, so I'll give you We R Memory Keepers words. "Transform paper with the easy-to-use Lucky 8 Punch. In as little as 8 punches around the paper, ordinary paper becomes unique and decorative. It combines a corner and boarder punch in one tool to create an outer cut, inner cut, or a combination of both." Sounds great right?  So I meant to do all three different designs, but got ahead of myself... lol this is what I came up with anyway. I have one thing to say... it's FUN!
The one that I used is the "Retro Scallop"
 I punched a plain white piece of paper, put a screen over the paper and sprayed glimmer mist, then removed the screen and sprayed a second color over the white. The butterfly is... my favorite from the Easter Sizzix die.
 Yes, that is one of Timmy's new dies.... the Vintage Telephone, and it's awesome! I covered it with rock candy and then glossy accents, to give it a rustic, but shiny surface.
 We got a mixed bag of Prima flowers, all 3 pages have flowers from the same bag!  Prima bird house, and Sizzix elegant flourishes die. 
 This scalloped edge is more behind the scenes, but I love working with the altered paper! The little blue notepad paper, is actually a punch. It's the new American Crafts knock outs. So you buy one base, and then you have a variety of options for punches that will fit into it. 
 Really! I got flowers with spiders on them, I was a bit excited and couldn't wait to use them, turns out it was a whole 3 days after Comic Con! I rolled the sew easy stamp around the edge to look like stiches.
 Sizzix die, Candlelight fright. 
 Some random cardstock spiders covered with glossy accents to make them look like resin buttons. Spiderman Stickers from Sandylion.
 And for this page I only used half the circle and will use the other piece on the double page layout side.
 more Prima flowers, and bling. And my favourite graphic 45 line, Tropical Travelogue.
Well, that was fun! Hope you have a  happy scrappy day :-) Hop over to my blog to see what else I've been up to.

Product List:

We R Memory Keepers - Lucky 8 Punch Retro Scallop
Sizzix - Vintage Telephone, Elegant Flourishes, Easter Elements, mini bird cage and bird, candlelight fright
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist
Prima - bitty bag of flowers, and resin birdhouse
Ranger - Rock Candy, Glossy Accents
Sandylion - Spiderman stickers
American Crafts - Knockout punch, assorted ribbon
We R Memory Keepers - stamp easy 
Graphic 45 - Tropical Travelogue
various bling

Most items can be bought in store.