Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Authentique

I have had this small photo series of  of my precious Grandson since last Christmas.     The new Authentique 'Festive' Christmas theme paper was just what I needed to see to get me going on it.

Last time I challenged myself to use less.
 This time I tried to use at least a part of every sheet I had in this set.
 To form a background that interested me,
I  cut two of the main sheets in half and swapped tops and bottoms
 to form 2 new sheets. I spanned the visible joints with just a strip
 of the matting paper. When I do this I use the bar code band
across the back as my glue holder.
That way I can also see simply by glancing at the
back which paper line I used for the LO.


I needed to add some interest, so I hand stitched a whimsical boyish border. Hanging a left over gift ornament from the corner that just seemed to fit.
piercing mat and tools are extremely useful when
making holes for the stitching, W R Memory Keepers
 has a fantastic line of Sew Easy tools to help you plan and stitch your projects.










I also used a tiny hanger to decorate the other corner. I will often shop my color organized stash of alphabets for tittles and little embellishments that are the right shade for the paper I am working with. Always shop the sales section, you just never know when what you pick up will come in handy !

Just look at how pretty this paper is, better get
it before its snapped up by those OCD I mean dedicated
'Christmas in July' Card Makers
I cut this sheet apart to tuck and overlap
the fun images here and there.

Hope you are enjoying some summer sunshine
Please remember to enter our Win Win Win
Celebrate Summer Contest running every Saturday
as well as Feature Items post and why not show us
what you are making with the Challenge Team every  Friday?
You could win a wonderful prize package.

2 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful LO love the stitching and the little hanger you added .
Marilyn

Dean and Selena said...

Ok I'm not ready for Christmas.... but I love the LO :-)