Friday, July 20, 2012

PPC #76 - Soft & Fuzzy!

Another week has come & gone, and it's time for a brand new Playing in Paradise challenge!

The challenge team is working hard behind the scenes to help you be inspired - so each of us is giving a glimpse into how we create. I've got a big bunch of photos to share with you today for this challenge, and I'm pretty excited to see you play along!
PPC #76
I love to include touchable elements on my cards, and flock is one of my favourite ways to do that! Before I show you all my steps, let me point you at some of my favourite flocking supplies in the Scrapbooker's Paradise store:
ZIG 2-way glue pen and the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen are always within reach. I choose which pen depending on the size of the area I plan to "flock" - both of them adhere equally well. 
Stampendous Fun Flock is my favourite - for the project I'm going to show you, I've used yellow. Animal images are my most go-to for flocking, and I used a Stampendous stamp set as well. 

Stamp your chosen image with waterproof ink, and let dry. Colour the image with any medium - I've used plain markers here. Use the glue pen and cover the entire area to be "flocked" - a little too much glue is better than not enough!
Quickly cover the entire area with flocking - I work over a piece of scrap paper so that it's easy to pour the excess flock back into the container.

Press down into the flocking with your finger to really push it into the glue, and set it aside. Let it dry. Walk away, leave it alone, give it five minutes to itself. 

Once you've allowed the glue to dry (a hugely important step!) tap off the excess flocking into your scrap paper & put it back in the jar. I keep an old makeup brush on my desk to brush stray flock off the rest of the image. After all that, finish your card as desired...

What soft & fuzzy elements have the design team used? Check them out!


Merlie PPC 76

soft and fuzzy birthday card

PPC#76

Thank to Our Guest Designer BARB 
stop in at her blog for a fun tutorial


The prize for PPC #76 is Glitz – Happy Travels Clear Stamp, Chipboard Album approx $25 (sweet!)

Ready to play?  Here's the nitty gritty:

1.  Everyone is invited to play! There are no requirements or restrictions on what products you can use to create your  challenge entry.

2.  You have until noon on Thursday, July 26th to link your entries for this challenge below.

3.  Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, then use the keyword PPC76 so we can find you!

4.  Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

And now for the moment you've been waiting for...who won last week's challenge? Serena! You can see her wonderfully summery scrap page HERESerena, we'd love to have you be our guest designer in a future challenge.  Please email Pam at  mailto:pamfaeiryrocks@telus.net and she'll get back to you with the details for your prize and for how you can play along with us in a future challenge!

Have fun!

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...