Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Building a Layout


Today I want to talk a little bit about 'Building a Layout' 
I started with a sketch, this is based loosely
on a sketch from an Alison Davis sketch book.
This is the basic sketch as it is set out
you can see it is a very balanced well planned sketch

This is the sketch with the photos matted, I cannot stress
enough how big a difference matting your photos will make.
All the corners on photos and mats are rounded with a
corner chomper. If you don't have one, buy one, you will not be sorry you did!.
I also added a double mat to the focal photo
and a few cut out embellishments along the lower border

This is the finished two page LO
I hand cut the banner from the borders paper
used the coordinating alphabet sticker sheet for my title.
It is hard to see, but I did pop the letters up on a
tiny pop dot to give a bit of dimension to the piece
Added a small journal card and there you have
a scrapbook page building breakdown

I used the gorgeous Carta Bella Paris Girl

click on the link to go to this paper
Just imagine the possibilities