Friday, August 31, 2012

PPC82 - Time for Another Sketch

Good morning everyone...here's to the beginning of what I hope will be a super relaxing long weekend. (Of course with my three wild jackals, I won't hold my breath!) We have had a hot summer in Calgary this year but I can already see the average temperatures start to cool. Sigh!

As much as I am looking forward to back-to-school, I will be happy to be done with all the work to get us there...hopefully there will be more time for me to get crafty! And to that end, it's my turn which means, ta-da! - another sketch! Working with the sketch, the prize you are playing for this week are three Color Box Ink Pads!
If you know me, you know my life is hectic and I don't get to create as near as often as I would like nowadays (I keep telling everyone my fifties are gonna be my time!). Anyway, I tend to keep my creations simple and stick with my favorite paper designer, Basic Grey.

One little trick I like to do when the creation calls for it is to use my 1" punch to create notched corners (instead of my go-to rounded corners). (I included them here to frame out that Basic Grey sticker.) I don't have a technique (I just eyeball it) but I do love using a tool in more than one way!




Our guest designer for this week, Nancy, created this dazzling white-on-white creation for the sketch (have you ever tried white-on-white? It's hard to do well!). Love the delicately embossed background too!



Let's review what the other girlies devised working with the same sketch...



P.S. If you love sketches, Scrapbooker's Paradise has books and magazines with sketches for the scrapbooker and card maker.  You'll find them and more here.

How to play:
1.  Everyone is invited to play! There are no requirements or restrictions on what products you can use to create your challenge entry.

2.  You have until noon on Thursday September 6 to link your entries for this challenge below.

3.  Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, then use the keyword PPC82 so we can find you!

4.  Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

And last but not least... a big CONGRATULATIONS to Dawn, the winner of last week's challenge! Please email Pam at faeiryrocks@telus.net and she'll get back to you with the details for your prize, and for how you can play along with us in a future challenge :)