Monday, August 13, 2012

Showcase Monday - Varnish/Resist


Hello!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Today I am showcasing the new varnish paper by Creative Imaginations. Resist papers are so much fun, you can ink them, spray them, stain them..........so much you can do! The varnish resists the inks.

Today I am using Nostalgia Jardin Varnish paper and I used Distress Inks and Distress Stains to colour it!


I had planned on making the card pink so I began by using my Ink Blending Tool and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and covered the entire piece of paper.


 I then decided, I was not feeling the pink (although it looks cute in the above picture!) so I re inked the whole page with Distress Ink in Pumice Stone. The end result was a pinky grey which I love!

Distress Stains are a great way to quickly ink up a whole piece of paper, it is Distress Ink in a liquid form.

Once you have inked up your resist paper, whether it be with sprays like Tattered Angels, or inks and stains like Tim Holtz, take a damp cloth and quickly wipe it over so that the ink comes off of the clear resist.

I then finished the card with a die cut that I cut with Spellbinders and my Cuttlebug and lots of flowers and jewels!

Thanks for stopping by!
SUPPLIES
Creative Imaginations - Nostalgia Jardin Varnish paper
American Crafts - Ribbon
Spellbinders - Tag
Kaisercraft - Black Jewels and Pearls
Prima - White Flowers


3 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Thanks Hannah, I love that this paper allows you to customize it so it will match any project.
The pink and grey are very pretty together.

Jennifer Reynard said...

Beautifully done!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hanna !i'm watching your wedding guess book,have you put some film or something to protect the photos? Thanks in advanced