Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A thank you card

 
Happy Tuesday Everyone!  Today is a wonderful day here in Calgary if you have children who attend school.  Today is the first day back!!  It is exciting yet tearful,  I have a son going into grade 2,  and my oldest daughter going into grade 1!  I will have new pictures to scrapbook after tomorrow:)
 
For my project today,  I chose to make a card to share!
 
 
 
I decided I would show a technique using the Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine paper and Perfect Pearls!
I love the glassine paper!  There is just so much you can do with it!

 
For this technique,  the first thing I did was to dip my fingers into the Perfect Pearls and rub it into the glassine paper.  The colors I used are mandarin, cappuccino and biscotti.

 
I then heat set the glassine paper so that the perfect pearls would not rub off.

 
***Remember not to use your heat tool on top of your self healing cutting matt as it warps it***


The next thing I did was run the sheet throough my Big Shot using the Tim Holtz tattered floral die.
 


Another fun quick technique is to purchase just silver/ clear jems and use your copics to color them whatever color you choose!

 
My finished card!
 
What else do you use your perfect pearls for?!
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Tuesday!
 
 
SUPPLIES