Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Halloween Ornament


We have a brand new company to our store, they are called Wall Sugar  Co. and they have a variety of wood blocks that we have been having fun with! Holly at work made a cute baby ornament, but I had to spookify one and turn it into a Halloween ornament, it will hang proudly on my Halloween Tree in a few weeks...... I have made 2 already, one is using the paper line Chillingsworth Manor by Echo park, but the one I am showing is using pictures. 

 First I glued on squares of black paper with a green core. I sanded the edges so the color would show thru. The glue I used was Modpodge. After all the squares were done, I printed and cut my photos a little smaller so the green edges would show. I glued them down using modpodge again and then put a coat on top of the the picture. While the glue was still wet I sprinkled some microfine glitter across the photo to give it a sparkly high light.
 Once it was all dry, I screwed a screw eye into the top and bottom. I made a big fluffly bow and glued a spider onto the front of it. Then I made a big fluffy bow for the bottom.
I strung a few bling pieces and looped them thru the bottom so I had some dangling jewels. These are from Prima. This was so fun to make, my brain is ticking as to all the ways I can use these blocks! More to follow I'm sure!  Hope you have a Happy Scrappy Day, hop over to my blog to see what else I've been up to.

Wall Sugar Co. - wooden block
Prima - Velvet Trinket
American Craft - Ribbon
Color core cardstock


5 comments:

Anonymous said...


I do not see how I can order the blocks ... do you have them for sale or are they only part of your decorations?

Thank you
:)

Dean and Selena said...

I will look into that for you, check back for the answer later today :-)

Dean and Selena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dean and Selena said...

Hi, my answer for the question on where to buy the blocks, I apologize, when I made the block I didn't realize it wouldn't be at the warehouse. I spoke to them today and the answer was, at this time they are not on the order form for online orders, they are available in store only. But... because it is a new company there is a good chance that they will be available. So keep checking in, if you wanted some immediately, I do have the link to Wall Sugar in the beginning of my post. Hope that helps :-) Selena

Sparkly Pink Star said...

So cool!