Today I am showcasing Gelatos by Faber-Castell. This is a card I taught at Toonie Thursday last month and incase you missed here, here is how you can recreate it!
1) Cut a die cut image out of watercolour paper. I used a Spellbinders Die.
2) Stamp images onto the die cut with Versamark Ink, pour on white embossing powder and heat with a heat tool.
3) Using the Gelatos, colour in the die cut piece with several different colours so it looks something like this:
4) Spritz a couple of times with water from a spray bottle and use your finger to blend in the Gelatos. Keep blending until you cannot see harsh lines anymore. Add more Gelatos if the image gets too wet or add more water if blending is difficult.
it will start to look like this.
5) Keep blending until you achieve your desired look.
6) Take a damp cloth and wipe over the image so the Gelatos wipe off of the white embossing powder.
7) Using a paper trimmer, trim the die cut into 4 equal pieces.
8) Adhere to a white piece of cardstock and mount onto a purple cardbase.
9) Finish with a sentiment, buttons, ribbon and a flower!
I hope you give it a try, the Gelatos are lots of fun to play with. I tried on several different cardstocks and I found watercolour paper the easiest to work with. You can also use a paintbrush or a baby wipe but I liked the strong colour I achieved blending with my fingers!
Enjoy your day - Thanks for stopping by :)
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
American Crafts - Ribbon
Hero Arts - Buttons
CC Designs - Amy R Stamp
Spellbinders - Labels 17
Art Gone Wild - Tim Holtz Shabby French Stamp and Fabulous Flourishes Stamp
Tsukineko - Versamark Ink Pad
Stampendous - White Embossing Powder
Misc - Watercolour Paper and flower.