Friday, October 26, 2012

Playing in Paradise #90


We have a new Playing in Paradise challenge today. I am your hostess this week, and I am using an inspirational image for this challenge.

What do you think when you see a lighthouse?   I smell the sea, I hear the sound of a fog horn and the cry of the seagulls, basically all things nautical.
For some reason I also think of masculine cards when I see a lighthouse stamp so that is what I have created for this challenge.

I wanted to add some stormy clouds above my lighthouse, to do this I created a mask that I drew of a cloud on some scrap cardstock and then cut out.


I used Versafine Smoky Grey and Ranger Distress Ink in Stormy Sky both are available in the Scrapbooker's Paradise online Store.


Let’s take a look at the fabulous creations from the Challenge Team.
 IMG_0868
Our Guest Designer this week is Kimberly.  Glad you can join us this week and Thank You for taking the time to create this fantastic card for us.
Guest Kimberly Clark

Please note: We post daily, so to find this challenge again once you have your project made please click on the 'Playing in Paradise Challenge' button on the right hand side to be taken to the current challenge.

The prize for PPC #85 is 4 Teensy Type and 4 Fancy Frills assorted colors Collection approx value $25.

How to Play:


1. Everyone is invited to play! There are no requirements or restrictions on what products you can use to create your challenge entry.

2. You have until noon on Thursday, November 1st to link your entries for this challenge below.
3. Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, then use the keyword PPC90 so we can find you!
4. Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

CONGRATULATIONS to Marilyn the winner of the Playing in Paradise #89 challenge. You can see her beautiful card by clicking Here. Marilyn we'd love to have you play along in a future challenge. Please email Pam at
faeiryrocks@telus.net and she'll get back to you with the details for your prize and for how you can play along with us in a future challenge!
Good luck!

4 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Thank You for this prompt Nina, even your words bring the yearning for the ocean to mind.
LOVE your clouds thanks for showing us that part of your process.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful cards another great challenge this week . Thanks so much for choosing my card for last weeks challenge Hopefully I'll join in again this week
Marilyn

Angela Fehr said...

I'm so not nautical, but I had fun with this challenge anyhow! Thanks, Nina!

Cindy C. said...

Nina I love that awesome sky you created in your beautiful card! What a fun challenge, I hope to play along.