Friday, October 5, 2012

PPC87 - Canadian Thanksgiving Sketch Time!

Hola! I always seem to get post on long weekends (which I hope means that will give you some extra downtime to play along with my sketch challenge!). It is certainly cooler in these parts...my boy has started hockey, my girl has already sold all her Girl Guide cookies and we got our annual Christmas photo done already! (Believe me, that will be as prepared as I will be...by November, I will be panicking just to figure out what to buy for Christmas!).

On to the sketch...this week you are playing for an 8 x 8 mat and Clicut knife (mmm...tools!).
I decided to be inspired by the cooler weather to make a layout of my boy when he was about 17 months old...ain't he a cutie! And all you Albertans know what a short fall season we have so actually remembering to capture autumnal moments will have to become more of a priority for me if I hope to make more scrap pages like this!



Our guest designer Cindy created this beautiful take on the sketch with that super color mix and wood grain background (love that for this time of year!).



Let's review what the other girlies devised working with the same sketch...
 
Nina






P.S. If you love sketches, Scrapbooker's Paradise has books and magazines with sketches for the scrapbooker and card maker.  You'll find them and more here.

How to play:
1.  Everyone is invited to play! There are no requirements or restrictions on what products you can use to create your challenge entry.

2.  You have until noon on Thursday October 11 to link your entries for this challenge below.

3.  Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, then use the keyword PPC87 so we can find you!

4.  Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

And last but not least... a big CONGRATULATIONS to Lady Libellule, the winner of last week's challenge! Please email Pam at faeiryrocks@telus.net and she'll get back to you with the details for your prize, and for how you can play along with us in a future challenge :) 

4 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Thanks Ladies, and I am thankful for Each of You this weekend. I hope your house is full of love and laughter and all the good things this season brings.

Karla Yungwirth said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have lots to be thankful for :). Great sketch - hope to play along!

Cindy C. said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a great weekend!

jengd said...

Happy Thanksgiving all!