Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Using the Diffuser by Tim Holtz


Hello!
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday!
 
I have a fall card to share with you today using the Diffuser set by Tim Holtz.
 
 
To create the background I used the Wood Grain Embossing Folder and Diffuser Set by Sizzix/Tim Holtz:
 
 
Place your cardstock in the embossing folder and then place the diffuser shape you want to use on top of the embossing folder (you can tape it in place if you like). The diffuser plate will take place of the embossing plate so in this case I am using the Cuttlebug so I use my A plate, 1 x B plate and the diffuser plate (to emboss normally in a Cuttlebug you would use the A plate and 2 x B plates).
 
Run it through the Cuttlebug and you are left with the paper embossed everywhere except the circle where there was no pressure applied:
 
and the image after I had applied Walnut Stain Ink

 
I cut out leaves with the Tattered Leaves die and stamped the other leaf with Autumn Blueprint Stamp.
 
Once the card was put together I applied Crackle Accents to the two orange leaves:
 
Remember now is a good time to stock up on Texture Fades Embossing Folders by Tim Holtz....on special until the 15th of October, click HERE for more details.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
SUPPLIES
Art Gone Wild - Autumn Blueprint Stamp
CC Designs - Amy R Stamp
Bo Bunny - Paper Pad Natural