Friday, December 7, 2012

Playing in Paradise #96 - Winter Birds

NEW LOGO


Friday! My favourite day of the week! It's Jessi here with you, and I'm the lucky hostess for this week's Playing in Paradise challenge. Have you popped over to the blog lately? It's had a makeover, and it looks FANTASTIC!
We also want to thank all the talented people who have applied to join the design team - we had only 2 spaces, which made the choice so difficult! We'll be announcing the new team members in January, so stay tuned. Now onto this week's challenge:
PPC #96
This time around I'm challenging you to incorporate some Winter Birds in your project - I am still rather frantically making Christmas cards, and I thought I'd show you how I like to recycle old cards in my project today. 

When I save old card fronts for crafty recycling, I save just the front of the card - it saves a bit of room when I'm hanging onto them for the next year. Start by figuring out which part of the card you want to feature. Nesties make a perfect frame for this purpose - move it around until you're happy with the part you're going to cut. Use a small piece of tape to hold your die in place - to avoid having it stick TOO well, stick it to your pants leg a couple of times. It sounds funny, but it dulls the adhesive just enough for this! 

Now, the best part of recycling? You get to add some fun little touches! Depending on the image you've chosen, maybe try adding some Fun Flock? Or Pearl Pen? Or Stickles? I've used white glue (that dries clear!) and white glitter from Martha Stewart.


Add glue to the areas you want to highlight with glitter - then cover with glitter, and shake off the excess. I did take pictures of this process, but I had interference from both a child and a dog while doing so...I'm surprised I didn't end up with glitter all over everybody! Let your embellished piece dry, and then finish with fun papers & embellishments! The ones I've used here are from My Mind's Eye, and the crocheted circle is made by crocheting in the open spaces of a Lacy Circle Nestie.  



I made a second card using the same technique, Oval Nesties, and papers from Echo Park:

Now, what kind of winter birds have the talented design team been inspired to use?

PPC#96-Nina



Angela's cardinal card
Our guest designer this week is Nance, who has created this beauty: 


Please note: We post daily, so to find this challenge again once you have your project made please click on the 'Playing in Paradise Challenge' button on the right hand side to be taken to the current challenge.

The prize for PPC #96 - Winter Birds - is All is bright - Jewels, Brads, Buttons, Stamp, Layered Sticker - approximately $25 value!


How to Play:

1. Everyone is invited to play! There are no requirements or restrictions on what products you can use to create your challenge entry.
2. You have until noon on Thursday, Dec 13th to link your entries for this challenge below.
3. Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, then use the keyword PPC96 so we can find you!
4. Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.


CONGRATULATIONS to MACARENA,the winner of the Playing in Paradise #95 Mr. Masculine challenge. You can see her awesome masculine card by clicking here.  Macarena, we'd love to have you play along in a future challenge! Please email Pam at faeiryrocks@telus.net and she'll get back to you with the details for your prize and for how you can play along with us as a Guest Designer!

Good luck!